The Business Development Senior Manager will help develop the business development plans and the strategies and tools to execute on the plans. S/he will help shape the strategic positioning for the practice(s) within the context of the firm's brand. This includes supporting client relationship building initiatives, facilitating cross-selling opportunities with other practice groups and lead generation. This position will support the Latin American Practice Group. The Senior Manager will also have managerial and mentoring responsibility for the Business Development team member(s) working with the practices s/he supports. This position involves working closely with attorneys and other members of the Global Business Development team.Responsibilities
- Helping partners develop and execute individual business development plans and contributing to the business development plans of the practice groups; ensuring strategies and tactics are proactively adjusted as market conditions change;
- Maintaining a pipeline of opportunities; tracking results of pitches and proposals; providing timely ideas and other support to ensure consistent progress towards achieving business development goals;
- Gathering intelligence using internal and external data sources on firm clients, targets and market trends to provide attorneys with an understanding of the competitive landscape to position the firm for increased effectiveness in winning new business;
- Proactively identifying business development opportunities by keeping abreast of news in the market about the firm’s clients/prospects and then proactively communicating lead generation opportunities to the attorneys;
- Overseeing and preparing pitches, presentations, RFP responses, background briefing materials and general practice credentials
- Providing structure and support to cross-selling initiatives, including through internal communications that promote recent successes and other relevant developments
- Overseeing and preparing monthly and quarterly internal practice, client team, and business development activity reports, as well as practice group meeting agendas
- Serving as the lead business development point person for several client teams, and implementing best practices to improve productivity
- Managing profile raising opportunities which include submissions to directories and rankings, and working collaboratively with the PR team on award submissions;
- Proactively identify speaking and sponsorship opportunities;
- Liaising with Events and Communications teams on internal and external events, website content, brochures and other practice-specific content.
- Professional experience:
- 12+ years of relevant business development experience, and knowledge of, or experience with, M&A, Capital Markets, and Project Finance. Law firm/professional services or marketing experience is highly desirable.