The Analyst – Business Development works with lawyers, Business Development Managers and other marketing staff to assist with efforts to generate increased business for the Firm. He/she will leverage research, writing, technical and communication skills to coordinate initiatives of the M&A practice area and related sub-groups.Responsibilities
- Support partners in preparing targeted presentations (pitch books, short form brochures and deal sheets), in a manner that effectively communicates the Firm’s relevant experience and articulates clear reasons why the Firm should be retained. Under the direction of the Manager:
- Identify relevant transactional or regulatory precedents by industry, geography and type of transaction or matter.
- Customize materials for the target client or prospect.
- Complete production aspects (editing, fact checking, proofreading, assembling) to ensure materials are delivered accurately and on time.
- Update lawyer biographies over multiple channels (print, digital)
- Maintain a complete record of all pitches, meetings and outreach of any type in the Firm’s CRM (Client Relationship Management) system.
- Assist with submissions to league tables, directories, guides and other surveys.
- Assist with making updates to the Firm’s M&A focused blog, S&C DealPortal.
- Coordinate competitive intelligence research, used to update lawyers on market trends.
- Follow Firm news, note wins and maintain the practice experience database and updates in the CRM system. Working with the Senior Manager and/or Analyst, draft compelling marketing descriptions which communicate unique aspects of the deal and keep metrics up to date (type of deal, value, currency, etc.) Collaborate with worldwide staff to ensure non-English marketing descriptions are updated.
- Coordinate content aspects of marketing conferences and other events and in this capacity; work with the Special Events department.
Education and/or experience
- Excellent writing/editing, proofreading, grammar and research skills (a writing and editing test is required)
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills, with a high level of attention to detail.
- Understanding of transactional terminology and processes, as well as basic understanding of litigation terminology.
- Proficiency in standard spreadsheet, database, word processing and presentation applications (e.g., Excel, Dynamics, Access, Word, PowerPoint and SharePoint are pluses), as well as with a variety of online and new media information resources. Knowledge of any CRM system is also helpful. The Firm provides additional training in core software programs, if needed, to enhance skills and speed of work.
- An ability to handle time-sensitive requests from multiple lawyers, across time zones, and to generate quality work product in a fast-paced environment. Excellent interpersonal skills. Deadline oriented.
- Two to five years of experience working for a law firm, financial institution or other professional services firm.
- Experience with communication at the Partner/Executive level.
- BA or equivalent required; JD or Masters is a plus.