The Manager of Financial Systems and Implementation will be integral to managing the software infrastructure which supports the firm’s various finance, accounting and business needs. As part of continuous innovation, the individual in this role will be involved in system selection, implementation and upgrades to software and technology solutions for various accounting and finance systems which support the firm’s efforts at delivering superior client service to both internal and external client bases. In addition to requiring a level of technical expertise in business and financial software, the individual in this role will work closely with peer financial, business teams and the firm’s IT function, and be responsible for administering aspects of the financial system, queries, modifications, upgrades, system enhancements, programming and system analysis. This role owns key oversight responsibility for systems process management, implementation, model & architecture optimization, system performance, and user experience and engagement to support reporting, planning and analysis activities throughout all levels of the firm.Essential Job Requirements
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Lead and manage projects and the system development life cycle; review, clarify, and/or test deliverables prepared in conjunction with the finance team before providing the final product to stakeholders.
- Work with Finance to define requirements, conduct needs analysis, determine project specifications, identify solutions, and implement recommendations.
- Work with Directors, Managers, Stakeholders and end users to create, implement, and document project specifications, project plans, and business processes and procedures with an emphasis on developing efficient procedures and methods to increase productivity by streamline processes.
- Update, modify, test, and/or repair existing software systems and propose innovative solutions to problems.
- Provide functional and technical analysis and documentation related to the design, development, and implementation of software systems and reports.
- Develop test strategies, tools, and systems.
- Oversee, design, track, and safely introduce modifications to the systems.
- Maintain and support existing Finance and Accounting applications, including but not limited to; Chrome River Expense&Invoice , Aderant Expert and UltiPro.
- Act as liaison between the Finance and Technology departments.
- Learn related tables / data structure and all aspects of the financial and related systems.
- Design and perform ad hoc queries, financial and operational reporting, and analysis.
- Maintain working knowledge of system associations and data logic flow.
- Create or update and test functional specifications for new or modified reports and applications.
- Apply accounting and auditing principles and techniques to ensure that data integrity, internal controls, and audit trails are maintained throughout all applications.
- Ensure data integrity and accuracy across all financial applications, inquiries, ad-hoc reporting and systems.
- Keep abreast of changing and emerging technologies which support and enhance business operations.
- A Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Accounting, Engineering, Management or a related field is required.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is a plus.
- A minimum of 7 years of related experience leading projects is required. Strong financial systems/expertise.
- Strong accounting/systems skills including accounting principles, financial analysis, and common accounting terminology.
- Candidates should have strong Microsoft Office skills, Microsoft Excel VBA, MS Project or Visio, experience with relational databases, data validation and report writing; SQL (SSRS) and Access, Tableau and experience with financial data systems and data visualization preferred.
- Must be well organized, work independently, comprehend business requirements and proactively identify systems and reporting capabilities to address those requirements.
- Ability to work independently and collaborate with creativity and vision.
- Proactive with demonstrated troubleshooting, problem resolution, and follow-through skills in order to manage multiple and diverse projects simultaneously in a fast-paced, detail-oriented work environment.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills, and an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams.