The Website Specialist position is focused on the maintenance, performance and evolution of digital properties, including the Firm’s external website, microsites, blogs, apps and intranet.
The Website Specialist will interact with designers, developers, content providers, as well as other business and technical colleagues and stakeholders, and will be expected to work collaboratively with these teams.
This role is within the Firm’s Business Development & Communications department, as such the position requires a solid understanding of the Firm’s business and knowledge of the law firm industry, especially in relation to competitor digital properties. The role will support the Firm’s key Business Development & Communications stakeholders and at times involve touch points with senior Firm leaders from other areas, including lawyers.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Work alongside Website Manager, senior Business Development & Communications staff, administrative directors and managers, lawyers, and other administrative staff on new web builds, maintenance projects and content for websites.
- Take a lead role in the management of digital property content and ensure all are updated in line with stakeholder requests, including proofing. Tasks include posting daily additions/revisions to biographies, news and press releases, publications, office and practice area descriptions, and other content.
- Lead website and app builds, including integration points with other systems, such as EMS, CRM and HR systems.
- Provide troubleshooting assistance with website content and code, which may require handling urgent issues related to website and other digital properties outside of normal business hours.
- Track and provide status updates for all projects, identifying and subsequently removing roadblocks when identified.
- Ensure deadlines are met for content entry and projects.
- Create, review and update project briefs for internal and external design and development teams.
- Take a proactive and ongoing role in suggesting workflow and process improvements to enhance delivery and improve efficiency within the Web team’s day-to-day operations.
- Monitor the website for navigational challenges and broken links; assist in maintaining the high quality and consistency expected from Firm leadership.
- Steward web and app metrics to support business goals. Supply reports as requested.
- Additional responsibilities may be added or adjusted by management.
- 4+ years of professional experience; Experience in a law firm or professional services organization a plus.
- 3+ years of experience with Sitecore or another CMS required.
- Expertise in HTML, CSS, XML, MS SharePoint, MS Access and Visio.
- Experience with Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager.
- Ability to analyze websites and provide SEO recommendations.
- Experience with a complex software release process and environment.
- Experience with Jira or another task or PM tools a plus.
- Excellent time management and project planning skills, including timeline and roadmap planning.
- Self-motivated individual who can identify problems and troubleshoot appropriately.
- Ability to see projects from conception through to completion and deployment.
- Excellent proofreading skills; editorial skills a plus.
- Work with minimum supervision.
- Strong organizational skills with high attention to details and natural ability to take initiative
- A self-directed individual who knows what needs to be done and operates with urgency, focus and discipline.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to communicate with staff and attorneys.
- Able to work under pressure, meet deadlines and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ethical, fair and of high integrity.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, marketing, technology or related field or equivalent work experience.
- IT/PM certifications a plus.