Responsible for the support of the firm’s financial and related systems, working closely with other members of the IT Accounting Systems and Projects Team (AS&P). Assist AS&P team in designing and planning for upgrades and enhancements of the systems including documenting processes and recording associated tasks and issues in designated project management system. Work with appropriate parties to troubleshoot reported issues relating to the financial and related systems. Provide support on all assigned projects, including conducting quality assurance and user acceptance testing on all applications undergoing upgrades, customizations and implementations. Additional responsibilities include ad hoc data requests, report writing and distribution and month-end systems closure & processing.
Reports directly to the Director of Accounting Systems & projects. Frequently interacts and communicates with Firm-wide Accounting Departments and Elite users, including Firm Partners and administrative staff.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide technical systems support in managing the Firm’s Financial and related systems through identification and analysis, and task and issue resolution.
- Provide technical support on assigned Firm projects and tasks.
- Provide assistance in managing the integrity of the Firm’s financial data.
- Assist with design, planning and testing of upgrades and enhancements to all Financial and related systems.
- Provide support on the design and development of firm reports and ad hoc datasets.
- Ability to comprehend and convey complex ideas in layman’s terms to various groups across the firm.
- Ability to understand the business processes through the financial and auxiliary systems.
- Provide support on all Accounting related systems; including liaising with consultants and software vendors on projects and tasks as required by management.
- Able to assist with multiple projects at once and meet deadlines; and troubleshoot day-to-day system inquiries and issues.
- Report progress on outstanding items and proactively alert management when there is a risk of a critical task not meeting its due date.
: BA/BS. Accounting or Information Systems majors preferred.
: Elite Enterprise experience required, preferably in a law firm. Preference is given to those with Elite 3E experience, as well as experience with Intapp Products (Open, Integration Builder, Flow, etc.).
Skills and Abilities
- The applicant must be able to demonstrate experience in the processes involved with managing a financial system along with the ability to use tools such as SSMS to develop custom objects and ability to build reports using SSRS.
- Must possess strong analytical skills in reviewing and understanding data when troubleshooting issues within a system.
- Must be organized and have strong attention to detail.
- Must be able to work both in a dynamic team environment and also often independently without supervision.
- Must be completely reliable, and dependable, with a strong work ethic and a high degree of integrity.
- Ability to use own initiative and have a proactive approach, and good time management skills. Ability to produce and maintain quality work.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with attorneys, administrative, and management staff, both orally and in writing.
- Intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Three or more years of experience working with Elite Enterprise or relevant financial systems with preference given to those applicants who possess experience with time entry/reporting systems.
- All positions require punctuality and regular attendance.
- Some flexibility for overtime will be required around key firm dates and milestones within projects.