Under the direction of the Network Systems Director, the Senior Microsoft Systems Engineer will be responsible for supporting the firm’s Microsoft and third party related platforms; Active Directory, Windows Server 2012/2016, Cloud – Azure, PowerShell, SharePoint 2016, Exchange, Docker/Kubernetes, and other back-end infrastructure applications/platforms associated with these technologies. Responsibilities include owning the relevant technology platforms, providing project support for strategic and operational projects, third level technical support for all infrastructure based projects including equipment installation and maintenance, troubleshooting, system monitoring, alerting, and timely problem resolution for the firm’s 24x7 environment.Responsibilities
- Provide support for all relevant projects including installation and maintenance, troubleshooting, system monitoring and alerting and timely problem resolution.
- Adhere to established SLAs in responding to and completing service tickets, including providing a high level of customer support, detailed root cause analysis, and trouble reports for system outages. Adhere to established departmental operational policies and procedures.
- Act as a contact person for outside vendors during installation, production changes, and repair and/or removal of equipment or services.
- Utilize software and hardware diagnostic tools to identify, diagnose and repair complex problems and issues affecting system performance.
- Assist in the development of network and BCP documentation, including diagrams, equipment inventories and Departmental Procedures.
- Proactively monitor system performance to discover problems before they affect the customer. Ensures system life-cycle are healthy, and that systems are at current/stable/supported software versions. Research and evaluate new platform features and functionalities that can benefit the firm.
- Accessible to perform after hours support duties on a rotating 24x7 basis to sustain networking systems and end user support.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems or related field, or equivalent experience.
- 7 to 10 years experience building, maintaining and supporting Microsoft technologies and related platforms Active Directory, Windows Server 2012/2016, Cloud – Azure, PowerShell, SharePoint 2016, Exchange, Docker/Kubernetes. Experience supporting and managing enterprise infrastructure platforms (Citrix, Cisco, EMC, NetApp, VMWare, Veeam, F5) desirable/preferred.
- In depth knowledge of Microsoft technologies (Active Directory, Windows Server 2012/2016, Cloud – Azure, PowerShell, SharePoint 2016, Exchange, Docker/Kubernetes, etc.), Citrix, and associated infrastructure platforms.
- Proactive Management of the Microsoft environment and platforms under your purview: monitor system response time, server health and performance. Ensure system state is current and take into consideration the user experience when making any system related changes or upgrades.
- MCSE: Core Infrastructure and Microsoft Certified: Azure Solutions Architect certification
- Familiarity and good understanding of core infrastructure such as SAN, Network, Exchange, vSphere, Citrix, Cisco, Veeam, and associated platforms and ITIL processes preferred.
- A proven professional with excellent interpersonal, written, verbal, and time management and business acumen skills a must.
- Strong team player who understands ownership of end to end solution to the customer is a key to success in this position.
- Excellent analytical, troubleshooting, problem solving skills required with the ability to make recommendations based on findings and best practices.
- Strong Infrastructure Architecture / Design skills utilizing industry best practices (ITIL, DevOPS, Change Management, etc.)