The Coordinator – Business Development works with lawyers, Business Development, Communications, Creative Services and other administrative staff to assist with efforts to generate increased business for the Firm. He/she will leverage research, writing, technical and communication skills to coordinate initiatives of the global Litigation Group and its related sub-groups. The Coordinator will report to the Business Development Associate Director – Litigation.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIESPractice Development
- Assist partners in preparing targeted presentations (pitch books, brochures and experience lists), in a manner that effectively communicates the Firm’s relevant experience and articulates clear reasons why the Firm should be retained. Under the direction of the Associate Director and Litigation Analysts:
- Identify relevant trends by industry, geography and legal practice areas.
- Customize materials for the target client or prospect.
- Complete production aspects (editing, fact checking, proofreading, assembling) to ensure materials are delivered accurately and on time.
- Prepare relevant research and supporting materials for client meetings.
- Update and maintain all standard pitch files, other marketing collateral, experience lists and databases.
- Maintain a complete record of all pitches, meetings and outreach of any type in the Firm’s CRM (Client Relationship Management) system.
- Assist with submissions to league tables, directories, guides and other surveys.
- Assist with substantive industry research and identify potential opportunities.
- Assist with competitive intelligence research, used to update lawyers on legal market trends.
- Track news and developments relating to certain clients and regions.
- Follow Firm news, note wins and maintain the practice experience database; collaborate with worldwide staff to ensure non-English marketing descriptions are updated; update contact, activity, and mailing list information in CRM database.
- Coordinate content aspects of client education conferences and in this capacity; work with the Special Events department.
- Coordinate efforts with the Communications and Digital Marketing teams in the practice’s visibility program; on internal communications on S&C This Week, external communications on external website and social media, and to maintain practice details and lawyer bios on external website.
- Other duties or special projects may be assigned by the Chief Business Development Officer.
Education and/or experience
- Excellent writing/editing, proofreading, grammar and research skills (a writing and editing test is required).
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills, with a high level of attention to detail.
- Understanding of transactional, regulatory and litigation terminology and processes.
- Proficiency in standard spreadsheet, database, word processing and presentation applications (e.g., Excel, Access, Word, PowerPoint and SharePoint are pluses), as well as with a variety of online and new media information resources. Knowledge of any CRM system is also helpful. The Firm provides additional training in core software programs, if needed, to enhance skills and speed of work.
- An ability to handle time-sensitive requests from multiple lawyers, across time zones, and to generate quality work product in a fast-paced environment. Deadline oriented with a clear understanding of priorities. Ability to work in a highly demanding environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Ability to work independently as well as being a team player.
- Professionalism and discretion in handling confidential information is essential.
- One to three years of experience working for a law firm, financial institution or other professional services firm. A strong background in the financial services sector would be ideal.
- BA or BS in Finance, Economics, Business Management or Marketing, preferred.