Under the direction of the Financial Systems Director, the Data Integration Specialist is responsible for the administration of the Firm’s data warehouse and data integrations for our on-premises and cloud based systems. In addition, this individual will act as a liaison with the Finance department to provide technical support for our Financial applications as well as implementing new technologies, system enhancements and best practices.Responsibilities
- Acts as a liaison and helps lead data integration and data warehouse efforts for Practice and Business Systems implementations in conjunction with our Subject Matter Experts.
- Acts as a contact person with Finance and Financial Systems vendors during issue resolution, upgrades and software installations.
- Works to ensure that technical and performance issues involving applications, data integrations and access are properly communicated and resolved on a timely basis.
- Works as part of a team responding to help ticket incidents and requests.
- Maintain currency in the technical capabilities of our platforms and new technical products within core areas of responsibility.
- Ensures up-to-date documentation with all data integrations and changes to our data warehouse.
- Keeps Financial Systems Director aware of project progress, significant issues, and developments.
Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Computer Science, and 10 - 15 years of total experience with supporting financial systems and developing complex data integrations. Experience programming in .Net and C is a plus.
Expertise with time and billing software (preferably Elite and/or Aderant and IntApp) products required.
Must have in depth knowledge of MS SQL, ETL tools and data modeling best practices and familiarity with iManage and Interaction.
Comprehensive knowledge of Windows and MS Servers operating systems as well as expert analytical skills.
Ability to produce detailed technical documentation.
Must be able to thrive in a fast paced, deadline driven environment, working in both a team oriented and independent environment.
Ability to communicate effectively with firm personnel at all levels and outside parties as necessary.
Interpersonal skills necessary to interact and work productively with the team.
Initiative and ability to work independently.