The Senior Cash Receipts Coordinator, under general and specific supervision, posts cash receipts to the Elite Billing System and notifies partners of daily collections. The individual handles other special projects and provides coverage to the AP area, as required.RESPONSIBILITIES
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Posts cash receipts on a daily basis and overnight bank receipts by 10:00 a.m. the following morning
- Prepares on-account bills for posting on account receipts, if required.
- Processes write offs of small account receivable balances as they occur (based on departmental and Firm policy)
- Files cash receipts batches on a daily basis. Maintains files based on internal and external audit requirements]
- Researches and posts all unidentified payments within 4-5 days of receipt date
- Maintains balance sheet schedule of all unidentified cash and resolves within one month of date of receipt
- Circulates daily cash receipts reports to the Client Relationship Partners
- Assists with year-end audit requests and ad hoc projects as needed
- Responds to telephone calls and emails
: College graduate with a minimum of six college credits in accounting. College degree in Accounting is a plus.Experience
: At least 3 years in account receivables and/or cash application and collection. Understanding automated journal entries and the impact on the general ledger. Work with and prepare Excel worksheets.Skills and Abilities
: Must possess effective written and verbal communication skills: numerical aptitude; professionalism and integrity. Ability to effectively communicate with the partners, attorneys, professional staff, and peers. Must be adaptable and work under time constraints with interruptions and tight deadlines. Must have excellent time management skills to prioritize tasks while presenting choices in a diplomatic manner. Must be organized, detailed oriented, a team player and possess a high degree of accuracy.Job Specific Skills
: Knowledge of accounts receivable and/or cash application processes and related software.Technological Skills
: Knowledge of Elite Enterprise accounting system is required, knowledge of Elite 3E accounting system is a plus. Proficiency with various software programs such as Outlook, Word, Excel and use of the Internet is required.