Primarily responsible for analyzing data and preparing pricing proposals and matter budgets for attorneys, reviewing client, matter and portfolio performance; and providing and communicating reports to internal and external stakeholders.Responsibilities
- Prepare, review, and communicate matter pricing proposals to attorneys; including walking through strategic pricing frameworks, methodologies and best business practices.
- Design and implement economic models to project the financial impact of proposed client pricing arrangements and staffing models.
- Review and update the billing management system and liaise with the Billing team to ensure that client and matter fee arrangements are implemented in accordance with Outside Counsel Guidelines.
- Work with the key stakeholders to respond to RFPs for existing and prospective clients under tight deadlines.
- Develop and analyze client, matter and portfolio reporting; communicating trends and realization implications to key stakeholders.
- Undertake extensive financial modeling, forecasting and analysis related to clients and matters; including data mining, cleansing and reconciliation.
- Develop pricing and budget templates for different types of legal matters, including guidelines and frameworks to be applied.
- Lead the development of dashboards and performance reporting, whilst ensuring data governance and integrity.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA or CPA a plus.
- 3+ years of experience as a pricing analyst or similar role.
- Advanced MS Excel and Access skills, including intermediate SQL and VBA experience.
- Intermediate with MS Word, PowerPoint, Project and Visio.
- Specialized in Business Intelligence (and Business Applications) development.
- Professional services or law firm experience preferred.
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; including the ability to work independently.