The Senior Citrix Engineer is a key member of the Enterprise Platforms Group within the Information Technology Department and will serve in a variety of roles under the direction of the Manager of End User Computing . This role is responsible for monitoring and operating the firms Citrix environment and applications. This includes installing, configuring, patching, upgrading, and maintaining the environment. Responsibilities include planning, designing, and coordinating the implementation and support of the Citrix products necessary for business operation.Responsibilities
- Key responsibilities are designing and managing the Citrix environment. including XenDesktop, XenApp, NetScaler, StoreFront, and Appsense.
- Work with a team of 3-4 systems & application delivery engineers in daily support of current environment with a goal of continually improving the end- user experience.
- Must have extensive experience in large-scale Citrix environments, where reliability and performance are paramount.
- Recommend new technology directions or options to maintain products' competitive advantages.
- Communicate technology design and any related issues to technical and non-technical audiences including customers and technical partners.
- Assist team with support of enterprise applications and software in the various end-user environments (i.e. local operating system and VDI).
- Responsible for researching and testing solutions to application technical issues, including using scripting methods to automate where possible.
- Assist with resolution of escalated incidents and participate in problem management activities.
- Work in concert with other members of the IT Department to solve more complex user technical problems related to desktop computing and applications.
- Participate in cross-functional team projects to implement new or updated technology.
- Technical Skills Expert knowledge of desktop virtualization technologies (VDI). Citrix: XenDesktop 7.x, XenApp 7.x, HDXInsight, NetScaler, Storefront Microsoft: Windows Server, Power Shell, Active Directory, GPOs.
- Knowledge of VDI application layering technologies and VDI in the cloud AppSense, VMware: vSphere ESXi Scripting skills are a must in VBScript or PowerShell.
- 4-year degree preferred Minimum 5 years' experience.
- Relevant Microsoft and Citrix certification is highly regarded.