At the direction of the Accounts Receivable & Collections Director, and Manager, this individual will be responsible for:
- Coordinating collections with clients to secure payments on a timely basis either by communicating with clients verbally or by written or electronic communication.
- Coordinating with team on a group of assigned partners to discuss their receivables portfolio and discuss steps and action needed to resolve past due balances.
- Assisting the team in researching, analyzing and resolving client deductions and un-applied credits.
- Collaborating with Billing Department, across Operations Team and Finance Department regarding client deductions, cash receipts, collections and other projects.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years’ experience as a Collections Specialist in the legal or professional service industry.
- Previous experience at a law firm and interfacing with partners and clients is a plus.
- Elite & E-Billing Systems experience are a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Must have the capability to follow up on client accounts with minimal supervision.
- Must be a motivated self-starter with the ability to work well under pressure and with a high degree of accuracy.
- Ability to meet strict deadlines and interact well with co-workers.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and analytical skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Must be proficient in Word and Excel