This Senior Pricing Analyst will assist in all aspects of the firm’s pricing strategy. Working under the supervision of the Pricing Director, and within the firm’s Billing/Pricing Group, the Senior Pricing Analyst will be involved in the generation of creative fee proposals, completion of RFPs, budget monitoring, and performance analyses. The Senior Pricing Analyst will collaborate with Partners to create effective AFAs and work directly with clients during rate negotiations. Utilizing a robust suite of software tools, the Analyst is expected to contribute across all aspects of the pricing process, including historic data gathering, developing and documenting assumptions, data modeling, maintaining and updating databases used to track pricing projects, collaborating with team members on analyses of ongoing and completing matters, assisting other departments (e.g., Billing and Collections, Compliance, Business Development) to meet client deadlines, and supporting senior members of the team.
- Collaborate with attorneys to develop budgets, rates and alternative fee arrangements (AFAs) for existing and prospective clients
- Assist with financial modeling, forecasting and analysis related to clients and matters
- Ability to understand the structure of billing rate tiers, discounts, and client/matter exceptions.
- Work with partners and other firm departments to create and implement specific pricing strategies
- Monitor ongoing AFAs, budgeted matters and other special billing arrangements to provide timely alerts to partners.
- Review performance of existing pricing agreements to identify opportunities for enhancing current and future performance (lessons learned)
- Develop metrics and reporting tools to clearly illustrate trends and analysis of pricing performance
- Develop and maintain a repository of pricing best practices
- Build relationships with pricing contacts within client organizations and the broader external market
- Be recognized internally as a pricing expert for ongoing firm-related pricing support
Education and/or experience
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills (pivot tables, Vlookup, charts/graphs, macros, formulas, etc.).
- Knowledge of billing systems. Experience with Elite 3E a plus.
- Strong Microsoft PowerPoint and Microsoft Access a plus.
- A highly motivated team player who contributes to an atmosphere in which people work together to produce superior results.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize work in a dynamic and complex environment to meet deadlines and daily requirements.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to engage with other team members in addressing a variety of accounting, reporting and business issues.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to communicate clearly and concisely with senior management, clients, and partners.
- Unquestionable integrity, credibility and character.
- Undergraduate degree is required, preferably in Business, Finance or Accounting. MBA or JD preferred.
- Minimum two years of pricing-related experience, preferably within a large law firm or professional services firm.