The Conflicts Analyst will support the Conflict Department’s day-to-day tasks of conflicts of interest clearance, supporting the firm’s internal clients, as well as assisting with special projects related to the firm’s professional responsibility, compliance and conflicts initiatives.
- Conducts research as necessary on new clients and other parties.
- Utilizing corporate databases to determine shareholders and substantial owners.
- Performs conflicts searches and requests within LegalKey and the New Business Intake system.
- Utilize current policies and procedures as guiding principles to provide preliminary conflict assessment.
- Assists with maintenance of all conflicts related databases.
- Assists in maintenance engagement letter files.
- Coordinates daily flow of conflicts-related work in the department in order to ensure that high quality and rapid turnaround time are maintained.
- Assists with opening of new matters, updating matters, and closing matters.
- Assists with report generation, and all other administrative functions in the department as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 2-3 years of legal conflicts or law firm equivalent experience required.
- Knowledge of various external corporate affiliate databases.
- Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong team player who also works well individually.
- Ability to multi-task, make decisions and deliver results efficiently under time pressures.
- Ability to work well with staff at all levels of the firm.
- Detail-oriented and interested in results—consistently meets deadlines and finishes projects.
- Proficient at identifying priorities and knowing when to escalate issues.
- Flexible- able to respond quickly and positively to shifting demands of the department.
- Provide after-hours support on a rotating basis.
- Facile with technology tools and able to master new applications quickly.