Under the direction of the Director of Legal Personnel – Litigation Department, the Legal Personnel Manager will support the administration of the Litigation Department, including assistance with associate staffing and professional development.
- Provide support to litigation leadership which will include staffing and utilization, ongoing monitoring and analysis of workloads and tracking skills and experience to make recommendations on staffing requests
- Assist in the annual evaluation process and solicit and compile interim feedback
- Serve as a resource for associates in connection with assignments, interpersonal issues, and career planning
- Plan and coordinate events
- Meet regularly with associates to assess morale, identify training issues, answer questions and address concerns
- Conduct exit interviews
- Undergraduate degree required, J.D. preferred
- At least 7 years of professional services experience
- Minimum 5 years of law firm experience; experience in practice group or talent management in large law firm preferred.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with attorneys and staff throughout the Firm.
- Highly organized and self-directed approach to work with meticulous attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize, manage multiple projects, and thrive in a fast-paced environment with intense client service orientation.
- Creativity in developing solutions and achieving results.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of personnel and other sensitive matters.