Law firm is seeking a Manager of Content and Digital Marketing who will play a crucial role in building visibility for its practice groups and individual attorneys. This role is responsible for developing and implementing systems that cover a broad range of marketing communications including thought leadership, promotional content, and digital marketing. This position can be based in any of our offices.
Desired Skills & Qualifications
- External communications. Develops content assets for the firm and its practices to be flawlessly executed across all channels with a focus on digital. Types of assets will include whitepapers, surveys, eBooks, infographics, podcasts, videos, among others. Conducts or manage primary and secondary research in support of creating content assets.
- Business Development. Supports business development with high-value pitch opportunities and client engagement touch points.
- Marketing automation. Develop buyer personas, documenting buyer journeys and developing content programs and campaigns that nurture potential and existing clients through to meaningful conversions.
- Metrics and reporting. Measures the impact of the firm’s content for continuous improvement.
- Staff management and mentoring. Leads and develops a team of multi-skilled communications specialists arrayed against the firm’s Industry and Practice groups.
- Idea generation. Initiate and implement ideas to improve the firm’s content marketing and digital marketing services.
- Exemplary communication skills, both verbal and written, with a keen ability to capture, distill and accurately describe the legal expertise and value of the firm, its practices and individual attorneys.
- Strong managerial skills, including excellent interpersonal and collaborative skills, with the ability to retain, develop and motivate.
- A desire to continually learn and grow, both with best practices in law firm marketing communications and with the firm’s legal practices, business practices and the industries and technologies of our clients.
- Affinity for technology, both externally, that which is germane to our clients, as well as internally to support innovative marketing and business development efforts.
- Strong problem-solving skills including the ability to anticipate problems as well as suggest and execute on solutions.
- Ability to prioritize ongoing tasks and significant projects as well as manage expectations of attorneys in relation to these projects.
- Strong customer service ethic and interpersonal skills, capable of working seamlessly with high level partners, marketing staff and colleagues in other administrative departments.
- Highly organized, efficient and extremely detailed oriented, with superior proofreading and fact checking skills.
- Capable of staying productive and accurate under pressure with tight deadlines (a sense of humor helps, too).
- Self-motivated, takes initiative and is able to work independently.
Reporting to the Senior Director of Marketing & Business Development, the qualified candidate will have 10+ years of professional service marketing experience. Intermediate to advanced understanding of technology industries (software, mobile, life sciences, etc.) and legal services (venture capital, securities, IP litigation, etc.) Intermediate understanding of current social network platforms, online content distribution, marketing automation, web analytics and search engine optimization. Advanced search, data collection and reporting skills. Intermediate to advanced MS Office suite skills (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, SharePoint). JD or MBA preferred.