As a key member of the Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) department, the data analyst will help facilitate the enhancement and development of reports and data mining using technical systems.
Job duties include, but are not limited to creation, documentation, and support analysts in capturing and writing financial information; assisting with financial software implementations, documentation and testing; and performing additional ad hoc projects.
This role requires the ability to learn and adapt to different systems and work with the Finance team to provide requested data and in report writing. This role involves working with information that is confidential in nature and requires a high degree of discretion.
- Design and develop multidimensional data models
- Work with query languages
- Analyze and interpret data
- Develop and validate reports and dashboards (Data Warehouses, Power BI)
- Apply AI / machine learning / data mining to increase accuracy of analytics
- Prepare technical documentation, support / training materials
- 3+ years in data analytics and data management
- 3+ years working with BI architectures and software
- 7-10 years of total experience in financial data analytics and financial planning & analysis
- Experience and knowledge in design and development using Power BI and MS SSRS
- Efficient in data analysis and query optimization
- Experience writing DAX queries and data transformations, MDX/DAX functions in Power BI
- Ability to work independently and with a team to drive priorities
- Attention to detail and a strong sense of ownership
- SQL Server and corresponding BI capabilities (SSIS, SSAS, SSRS, Machine Learning Services)
- Microsoft Power BI and Excel
- Aderant and/or Elite Financial Systems
- Data warehousing