Support the general ledger accounting responsibilities for the firm including the New York head office as well as the domestic and international branch offices.
- Monthly bank and general ledger account reconciliations to ensure accurate and timely booking of transactions
- P&L variance analysis
- Assist with quarterly and annual tax analyses and filings
- Assist with schedules and analyses for annual firm and pension audits
- Documentation of accounting policies and procedures
- Preparation of journal entries
- Assist with month end close
- Assist with annual budget preparation
- Branch office support
- Ad Hoc projects
Education and/or Experience
- Excellent MS Excel skills required. Experience with Elite 3E, Sage (Best) Fixed Asset System and Essbase preferred, but not required.
- Good problem-solving, organizational, interpersonal and communication skills required. Must exhibit professionalism, flexibility and a teamwork approach. Attention to detail.
B.S. or B.A. Accounting/Finance major required with 3+ years of general accounting experience. Law firm or public accounting experience preferred.