We are looking for full time, highly motivated, extremely organized, client focused, experienced systems administrators/engineers to join our growing team! The right candidate has a minimum of 2 years of experience administering and implementing desktop/server computing environments and wants to work for a growing MSP that services multiple companies/clients. Additionally, the right candidate will have excellent communication skills and a strong desire to learn new technologies and concepts on their own. We provide services to companies around the country with a heavy focus on virtualization technologies. This is an internal spot to join our team and not a placement spot for one of our clients.
Provide support, implementation, systems maintenance/management, and documentation services around server based computing, desktop management, and network administration solutions.
You will also be expected to develop your troubleshooting techniques while assisting more senior members of the team with implementation and documentation services around various client environments.
Pluses (helpful, but not necessarily required)
- Demonstrate an extremely high level of integrity
- Be customer focused
- Working knowledge of Microsoft server and workstation operating systems, registry settings, DNS/DHCP, TCP/IP networking, and firewalls
- Experience working with Microsoft Active Directory including OU administration and group policies
- Troubleshooting experience including root cause analysis, debugging utilities, etc.
- Experience interacting with end users to provide technical support and gather feedback
- Proven track record of meeting deadlines along with associated deliverables
- Strong verbal communication and documentation skills
- Possess a strong desire and ability to learn new technologies and multi-task to deliver services using various technologies to multiple companies
- Self-disciplined and self-motivated with a strong desire to work
- Have a strong desire to be part of a team
- Detail oriented with the ability to record your time against various clients/projects
- Well defined and nearly perfected organizational skills
- Able to receive constructive feedback in order to facilitate personal development and career growth
- Extremely strong follow up skills
- Highly motivated with a strong degree of personal accountability
- Working knowledge and hands on experience with virtualization technologies such as server virtualization (using Citrix XenServer or VMWare ESX/vSphere or Hyper-V) and/or application/desktop virtualization using (Citrix XenApp/XenDesktop or VMware View/Horizon)
- Knowledge and hands on experience with Office 365
- Experience working with monitoring and management solutions such as NOC software and PSAs (such as AutoTask and/or Connectwise)
- Experience with Microsoft Exchange and/or SQL
- Experience with network based solutions such as router/switch implementation, firewalls and VoIP based solutions
- Knowledge of Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity best practices
- Technical certifications exams (e.g. Microsoft, CompTIA, etc.)
- Scripting or programming experience
- Completion of a Bachelor of Science degree within an Engineering discipline, Computer Science or other related field
- Ability to present solutions that were designed and implemented to high level management