This role will provide global technical and application support of HR systems to Human Resources and other administrative clients. This position will partner with Benefits, Compensation, and Talent Management/HR as the subject matter expert for all applications within the HR systems portfolio. Additionally, this role will serve as a technical liaison between these groups and other IS department teams.to provide support on all integration points between core systems and HR applications. As the primary focus of this position is the support of Workday HCM, Absence, Time Tracking, Benefits and Recruiting functionality, understanding HR business processes and policies is key to making sound technical recommendations and assessing their impact.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Assume responsibility for operational activities and provide front line support for the existing HR technology portfolio - Workday HCM, viGlobal modules (viEval, viUtilize & viRecruit), Cornerstone On-Demand & Qualtrics applications.
- Consult and answer Workday system and reporting related questions.
- Configure changes to Workday Business Processes, security, workflow and approval chains based on business requirements.
- Ensure that systems are configured in-line with the approved business processes, including the assignment of appropriate security access to end users.
- Review, test and coordinate admin user testing of bi-annual Workday releases and other system releases or patches; participate in regression testing for new system features.
- Review, test and coordinate admin user testing of the viGlobal suite releases; participate in regression testing for new system features.
- Support end users – educate users on system procedures, advise on data entry activities, review work and identify errors and suggest business process changes if appropriate.
- Respond to requests for reports containing HR data from across the organization in an accurate and timely manner. Build and revise reports to address ad hoc requests or standard scheduled reports
- Assist with the testing, validation and implementation of integration feeds and interfaces for internal Firm systems or external vendor systems. Manages and/or participate in the implementation, support and deployment of global HRIS projects and initiatives.
- Report on the progress ongoing projects and communicate project status to stakeholders
- Assist in integration of HR Applications with Payroll and the Firm’s other core applications.
- Develop and enhance the HR applications as directed by the Senior Manager of HR Systems.
- Manage, create and update supporting documentation, including operational guides, end-user documents, quick guides and FAQs
- Develop and deliver training materials and courses for Workday & other HR systems based applications for HR/Administrative Users.
- 4+ years of HRIS related experience, preferably for a Global professional services organization.
- 2+ years of experience working with Workday or similar cloud-based HRIS required, HCM preferred.
- Report writer experience in Workday.
- Experience with XML standards and in their application (for example, XML Schema, XSLT, STX, DOM, SAX, and similar technologies) a plus.
- Relational or SQL database experience, preferably Microsoft SQL Server, a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to communicate with staff of varying technical expertise and levels.
- Self-motivated with excellent time management skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong understanding of system design, configuration, administration and system security experience.
- Strong data management skills.
- Superior problem solving capabilities.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to communicate results.
- Ability to troubleshoot complicated programs.
- Project management skills with the ability to handle multiple projects and shifting priorities.
- Ability to handle confidential/sensitive matters, exercising discretion and sound judgement with a high level of integrity.
- Knowledge of integrated/best of breed HRIS platforms and teams
- Previous law firm experience a plus.
Bachelor’s Degree in MIS or Business preferred.