Under the direction of the Research Services Director, the Sr. Research Analyst performs research, reference and related services to support the transactional practice areas. This role also provides support to other Knowledge and Innovation units as assigned in order to meet departmental goals and objectives. This is a mid-level career position that requires independent thinking, attention to detail and excellent research and interpersonal skills.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs all research required assist lawyers, paralegals, and other firm personnel as well as external clients in obtaining information in support of transactional matters. This includes undertaking complex research assignments requiring the utilization of specialized databases, legal and business information sources, web-based sites and print resources including (approximately 10-15 requests per day).
- Participates in the development of educational programs for lawyers and other firm personnel on available internal and external research services..
- Initiates current awareness and regulatory alerts as required.
- Assists in the evaluation of new research applications to ensure that all of the information resources in the department’s inventory are geared towards efficiently and cost-effectively supporting the firm’s business.
- Works on special projects and performs other departmental duties as assigned.
- Accounts for billable time by submitting diaries on a regular basis.
Education and/or Experience
- M.L.S. from an accredited institution
- A minimum of ten years research experience in a legal or corporate environment.
- Excellent research, written, interpersonal and verbal communication skills.
- Superior and detailed knowledge of corporate documents, transaction types, SEC filings, business and legal print and electronic resources including Intelligize, Deal Point Data, Bloomberg Terminal, FactSet, Private Raise, Perfect Information, Lexis Advance, Westlaw as well as sources related to researching securities and corporate law issues.
- ability to appropriately and effectively respond and accommodate lawyer and client needs, and to adapt to the environment of a service department with a professional clientele.
- Ability to meet strict deadlines and effectively complete designated jobs assignments under significant time and supervisory pressure.
- Strong analytical abilities with the capacity to think logically and quickly. also the ability to think of creative solutions to novel or difficult research assignments is required.