Under the direction of the Legal Personnel Director - Corporate, the Sr. Legal Personnel Manager will support the M&A practice group leaders and the administration of the M&A practice group, including assistance with M&A associate staffing and professional development.
- Provide support to M&A partners with regard to associate needs, including staffing and utilization, ongoing monitoring and analysis of workloads and tracking skills and experience to make recommendations on staffing requests
- Assist in the annual evaluation process for associates and counsel; solicit and compile interim feedback
- Serve as a resource for the M&A associates in connection with assignments, interpersonal issues, and career planning
- Plan and coordinate events
- Strategize with M&A practice group leaders to develop and implement new initiatives
- Meet regularly with associates to assess morale, identify training issues, answer questions and address concerns
- Meet with lateral hires when they join the firm; check-in with new laterals periodically to ensure they are transitioning successfully
- Conduct exit interviews
- Undergraduate degree required, J.D. preferred
- At least 10 years of professional service experience, with a minimum of 3-5 years of law firm experience; experience in practice group or talent management in large law firm preferred.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with attorneys and staff throughout the Firm.
- Highly organized and self-directed approach to work with meticulous attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize, manage multiple projects, and thrive in a fast-paced environment with intense client service orientation.
- Creativity in developing solutions and achieving results.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of personnel and other sensitive matters.