The Senior Payroll Analyst will report to the Compensation Director and work very closely with various operational teams. The Senior Payroll Analyst will be responsible for review of the semi-monthly payroll ensuring the accuracy of departure and new hire calculations, benefit deductions and other adjustments. This Analyst is expected to work closely with the accounting team by providing information to support the proper recording of payroll transactions, produce benefits reconciliations and secondment analysis. It is also expected that this analyst will be knowledgeable regarding payroll taxation and work with the tax team as needed to provide reporting and analysis.
- Responsible for the review and audit of calculations related to new hires and departures, ensure calculations are done properly, communicate and resolve issues as they arise.
- Liaise with the legal personnel and benefits departments to ensure that certain benefits, including Transitchek, Wageworks, health club, etc. are reconciled and properly deducted. Provide monthly analysis to the accounting team.
- Assist with the creation of new profiles for retirees.
- Provide the cost analysis for secondments.
- Ensure the accuracy of 401(k) deductions including 401(k) loans.
- Assist in the ADP testing for various tax and payroll system/table updates.
- Monitor and reconcile the various files and loads received in Payroll from various operational departments. This may include cafeteria deductions, bonus uploads, annual increases.
- Respond promptly to questions from employees, ensure that errors are addressed in a timely manner.
- Participate in the implementation of new payroll programs, projects and best practices.
- Assist in researching payroll laws and regulations as needed.
- Assist in the quarterly payroll processing function and various uploads to ADP.
- Involvement in all facets of the year-end and year-begin processes, balancing of reports and W-2 processing for the domestic and expatriate payrolls.
- Comprehensive analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong background in Payroll processes and understanding of payroll taxation
- Extensive experience in ADP Enterprise
- Strong organizational skills and exceptional attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
Education and Experience
- 10-15 years experience in a Payroll/Accounting department, preferably in a service industry
- Bachelor’s degree desired