Under the direction of the Manager of Information Security, the Information Security Analyst is primarily responsible for responding to security events, monitoring and maintaining the vulnerability management program, and maintaining and documenting the firm’s security technologies and processes. This role is the primary triage contact point for all information security related service desk tickets and monitoring alerts.
MINIMUM OF INTERMEDIATE LEVEL TECHNICAL SKILLS IN 3 OR MORE OF THE FOLLOWING
- Acts as a first responder for information security related service desk tickets. Will perform necessary investigation, communication, resolutions, and if necessary, escalations, to ensure timely and successful closure of tickets.
- Works hand in hand with the Security Operations Center (SOC) in addition to being the the primary escalation point for all SOC alerts requiring investigation.
- Provides regular reports related to vulnerability management/patching workflows and status, as well as on the health of various information security related systems.
- Responsible for the patching lifecycle of operating systems, applications, and infrastructure systems. Will coordinate the communication of required patches and deadlines to all system owners.
- Maintain information security documentation including policies, standards, baselines, guidelines and procedures; and incorporate the maintenance of this documentation into project life cycles. This is inclusive of identifying improvements to the firm’s information security systems and practices and creating a planned approach to implement recommendations to ensure our information security systems are operating optimally.
- Participates in the project lifecycle process for appropriate information security related project work. Assists with projects and changes related to information security system improvements as needed to meet firm demand.
- Responsible for ensuring that the firm’s information security systems are functioning in an optimal manner and that all system redundancies, failover capabilities, and performance goals are met through the testing of various systems on a scheduled basis.
- Work alongside vendors and consultants to troubleshoot any issues or perform upgrades to systems that are managed by the information security team.
- Professionally represent the information security team when engaging with other technical teams, stakeholders and vendors.
- Vulnerability management systems
- Endpoint Protection Systems
- Next Generation Firewalls & IPS/IDS Systems
- Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) Systems
- Data Loss Prevention Systems
- Network segmentation systems
- Authentication and Access Control Systems including Multifactor Authentication
- Encryption & Public Key Infrastructure Systems
- Security Automation & Orchestration
- Privileged Account Management
- Mobile Device Management (MDM) Solutions and Mobile Endpoint Protection
- Web Proxies
- Email/Messaging Infrastructure including MS Exchange & Office365
- Single Sign On Architecture
- Azure Active Directory Security Fundamentals
- Cloud Access Security Brokers (CASBs)
- A minimum 3 years of Information Technology related experience with exposure to Information Security concepts and systems
- Information Security certifications are considered a plus
- Ability to work independently with strong organizational skills
- Excellent technical troubleshooting skills
- Excellent listening skills and written and oral communication skills, including effective presentation skills and ability to mentor other teams on various topics