This position will be responsible for managing the entire billing and collection process for 12 or more partners on a monthly basis.
- Perform client billing and collection activities for assigned clients in a timely matter.
- Monitor all aspects of WIP and Accounts Receivables to ensure it is billed and collected on schedule.
- Review pre-bills for accuracy, including rates, discounts and formatting.
- Edit pre-bills and draft invoices which includes transfers, write-ups, write-downs, write-offs and/or splits in a timely manner.
- Direct communication with the Partners and Assistants will be necessary.
- Ensure client billing guidelines are reviewed, documented and adhered to.
- Send invoices electronically and make certain that all e-billing issues are identified and promptly resolved.
- Run and analyze A/R reports to determine which clients should be contacted for past due follow-up.
- Reach out to both Clients and/or Partners to resolve past due accounts. Keep track of progress using ARCS2G.
- Alert management to any billing or collection issues so they can intervene when necessary.
- Work to resolve any payment issues and reconcile unapplied cash.
- Research and respond to internal and external inquiries regarding all aspects of billing and collections.
- Maintain documentation of procedures, deadlines and other Partner preferences related to their billings and collections.
- Support Client and Partner requests for accrual information that is timely and accurate.
- Assist with entering cash receipts and depositing checks when needed.
- Assist with special projects as needed.
- Running reports and creating spreadsheets will be necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 5 years of applicable work experience in a large law firm setting. Aderant Expert or Elite experience preferred.
- Computer proficient with strong MS Excel and MS Word skills.
- Clear understanding of reading and editing LEDES files.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills for interaction with Partners, Management and Administrative Staff.
- Self-directed with a strong work ethic; capable of working independently with limited supervision, as well as part of a team.
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with others.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work in a high pressure environment with a high degree of accuracy.
- Can organize, prioritize, plan and multi-task to effectively meet deadlines.