Under the direction of the Network Systems Director, the Systems Engineer will be responsible for supporting the firm’s Microsoft related platforms (Active Directory, Exchange, Skype for Business, Microsoft Teams, PowerShell, Windows Server 2012, 2016, 2019), iManage, and other back-end infrastructure applications / platforms (Office365 and Web Conferencing Systems) associated with these core technologies. Responsibilities include owning the relevant technology platforms, and providing project deliverables, and third level technical support for all infrastructure based projects including equipment installation and maintenance, troubleshooting, system monitoring and alerting and timely problem resolution for the firm’s 24x7 environment.
- Provide support for all relevant projects including installation and maintenance, troubleshooting, system monitoring and alerting and timely problem resolution.
- Adhere to established SLAs in responding to and completing service tickets, including providing a white glove level of customer support, detailed root cause analysis, and trouble reports for system outages. Adhere to established departmental/firm operational policies and procedures and attend (team and projects) related meetings.
- Act as a contact person for outside vendors during installation, production changes, and repair and/or removal of equipment or services.
- Utilize software and hardware diagnostic tools to identify, diagnose and repair complex problems and issues affecting system performance.
- Assist in the development of network and BCP documentation, including diagrams, equipment inventories and Departmental Procedures.
- Accessible to perform after hours support duties to sustain networking systems and end user support.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems or related field, or equivalent experience.
- Required: a minimum of three to five years of experience building, maintaining and supporting Microsoft technologies and related platforms (Active Directory, SSO, Windows 2012/16/19, Skype for Business, Microsoft Teams, Office365, PowerShell). Experience supporting and managing enterprise infrastructure platforms (Citrix XenApp, Cisco, EMC, NetApp, VMWare, Veeam, F5, and Okta 2FA) and associated infrastructure platforms.
- A proven professional with excellent communication, interpersonal, written, verbal, time management, and accuracy skills a must.
- Must be a proactive collaborator with strong follow up skills, and someone who enhances continuous improvement and self-learning.
- Strong team player who understands ownership of end to end solution to the customer is a key to success in this position.
- Excellent analytical, troubleshooting, problem solving skills required with the ability to make recommendations based on findings and best practices.
- Proactive Management of the platforms under your purview: monitor system response time, server health and performance. Ensure system state is current and take into consideration the user experience when making any system related changes or upgrades.
- Microsoft certifications desired/preferred.
- Familiarity and good understanding of core infrastructure such as SAN, Network, vSphere.