Seeking a Database Administrator who will be responsible for administering Microsoft SQL Server databases across the firm, as well as advising IT and departmental applications and systems groups on best practices with respect to database design and administration. This individual will also help chart the firm's database path to the cloud using Microsoft Azure SQL and related technologies. The position can be based in any of our offices with remote an option as specific duties allow:
Desired Skills and Qualifications
- Extract and/or load data from/to production and development database servers.
- Set up and maintain database security both on-premises and in Azure (cloud).
- Ensure all SQL hardware and software are updated and patched.
- Monitor the performance of SQL hardware and software.
- Configure servers and databases, both on-prem and cloud.
- Preserve data integrity.
- Work with development teams to optimize queries, indexes, and storage both on-prem and in Azure.
- Support the firm's data-mart/warehousing efforts.
- Estimate SQL Server instances costs on Microsoft Azure platform, and selecting the optimum compute models for a variety of application scenarios.
- Initially manage current on-premises SQL Servers, with the objective to consolidate that number and migrate to Azure SQL Server.
- Minimize database downtime and manage parameters to provide fast query responses.
- Perform tests and evaluations regularly to ensure data security, privacy and integrity.
- Monitor database performance, implement changes and apply new patches and versions when required.
- Flexibility to be available for on-call as needed, possible after hours or weekend maintenance.
- Problem-solving skills and ability to think algorithmically.
- Hands-on experience with database standards and end user applications.
- Excellent knowledge of data backup, recovery, security, integrity and SQL.
- Excellent knowledge of SQL Server on Azure (cloud), as well as on-premises.
- Expert in database design, documentation and coding (T-SQL stored procs, functions, triggers, etc.).
- Familiarity with programming languages API.
- Familiarity with SSMS, SSIS, SSAS, SSRS is required.
- Familiarity with securing SQL Server in Azure while allowing access to other services & applications such as Power Automate, Logic Apps, or Power BI.