The Business Development Specialist - Litigation will participate in the business development and marketing efforts of the Litigation Group and other relevant initiatives. This role will work closely with the Senior Business Development Manager, as well as operational teams throughout the firm to develop and execute on key initiatives and business plan objectives.
The Business Development Specialist - Litigation will assist with the execution of all marketing deliverables, together with the Senior Business Development Manager, for several practices within the Litigation Group, including:
- Execute litigation strategic priorities, including those specific to practice groups, geographies, client teams, industry groups and individual partners, as well as regularly track and report on progress
- Work with the Senior Manager to execute individual lawyer, Litigation Department and firm BD and marketing objectives
- Provide overarching BD and marketing support for several litigation practice areas, including Securities Litigation, Anti-Corruption & FCPA, Supreme Court & Appellate Litigation and Japan Litigation, as well as cover and coordinate with the other managers on general litigation requests
- Work with members of the BD department to coordinate the administrative and content details of events, sponsorships, speaking engagements and thought leadership, without supervision
- Obtain client, prospect and market research, working with the Business Intelligence Group, as needed. Analyze research, and identify key takeaways, opportunities and competitors
- Prepare pitch materials and RFPs and collaborate cross-practice, as needed
- Oversee the drafting and approvals for various directory submissions for relevant practice areas
- Oversee the development and distribution of BD and marketing collateral of relevant practice groups, including client memos, books, articles and other thought leadership pieces
- Work with the communications team to create and submit award submissions
- Oversee marketing and BD database updates, including practice and matter descriptions, website, biographies, mailing lists and CRM
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum of five years of experience in a successful business development or marketing role in a professional services environment. Law-firm specific background on the Litigation side is required.
- Must have knowledge of the litigation landscape, including an understanding of relevant litigation matter types, key players in the marketplace, industry trends and competitor law firms. A strong understanding of litigation terminology and types, as well as the marketing of these services to clients is required.
- Strong analytical skills. Must be able to synthesize information and facts to provide brief and detailed company profiles, industry overviews, biographical summaries, and analysis of key matters, industry trends, litigation and outside counsel.
- Focused on execution and achieving measurable results through superior project and management skills.
- Excellent communication ability, including writing, editing and presentation skills.
- Understanding of the pressures of working in a corporate environment and demonstrated potential for working well with attorneys who have a wide range of business development goals and marketing skills. Manages stress well.
- Ability to work in an environment with shifting priorities to meet time-sensitive deadlines, as well as manage multiple projects simultaneously, including confidential matters.
- Highly organized with a meticulous attention to detail.
- Excellent inter-personal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work confidently and collaboratively with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Resourceful, driven attitude with a desire and energy to use a “whatever it takes” approach to ensure team success.
- Overtime work is often required, including occasional weekends. Domestic travel may also be required.
- Exhibits high energy and genuine enthusiasm for the subject of legal marketing activities and goals.