Responsible for the management of the Firms Financial and related systems which includes the maintenance, stability and the continued development of the core financial systems and processes. The Manager is responsible for maintaining a high level of system integrity and control, ensuring data accuracy and integrity, performance, data flow timeliness and reliability. To complete this work successfully, the incumbent will manage a team of specialists who will all assist in working on a variety of projects based on system and strategic enhancements. In addition the Manager will work with other members of Information Systems to ensure the continued reliability of the systems and their environment.
Duties & Responsibilities
Provide technical support to the Director, other IS Directors and IS teams, and the Finance department in relation to all the financial systems, processes and projects under the management of the Financial Systems team. The incumbent is required to maintain a liaison role between the team and the Finance department and also represent at cross functional initiatives of the Firm. They are to have strong support and communication skills and be able to provide strong leadership to the team. The Manager will also be involved in and at times responsible for several key projects related to the management of the Financial systems including upgrade and enhancements, integration enhancements, software replacements and conversions, continual review of Financial system processes and review of release notes and features for financial and related software in use at the firm.
Areas of responsibility include but not limited to managing 3E, EDG, EBH, Image Connect, Biz Talk, Intapp Time & Capture, Intapp Open, ARCS, various internally built applications which manage core accounting and systems processes, SharePoint and use of the various Microsoft BI tools to manage and develop the various Reporting environments and their ETL processes.
: BA or BS in Accounting or Information Systems. Certifications from relevant systems vendors a plus.
: 5 years plus working with the listed systems or their equivalent in a law/accounting/consulting firm environment. Demonstrated leadership involvement in that time with Finance, IT, Conflicts teams and active involvement with firm Partners or business principals.
Skills and Abilities
- Delivers solid, accurate, on-point work product and ensures quality work product across team members;
- Demonstrates the ability to take primary responsibility on projects and lead independently, while appropriately delegating tasks;
- Demonstrates flexibility and ingenuity to respond to changing demands;
- Implements new solutions/thinking to drive quality and efficiency of service;
- Translates the Firms vision into clear, realistic and actionable business strategies;
- Works to engage and enhance positive morale among team members;
- Ability to communicate complex ideas in a clear and concise manner;
- Takes initiative to identify and articulate courses of action;
- Models a self-motivated, driven and passionate approach to work.