The Office Technology Supervisor is responsible for assuring that the firm’s collaborative, communication and user-facing technologies are highly supported, maintained and in line with today’s technological landscape. This person will focus on optimizing IT performance, availability and reliability through their own actions and those of their staff. The Supervisor oversees or assists with the implementation of new technologies to improve the firm’s client relationships, both locally and remotely. The Supervisor is responsible for personnel and workload management, day-to-day staffing and providing next-level support.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure that all firm collaboration systems, including Cisco Unified Communications (Call Manager and Unity Connection), Akkadian Labs and Webex, are supported, operational, and managed in accordance with the needs of the firm. This includes ensuring oft-received administration change requests are fulfilled accurately and in a timely manner.
- Work with the Office Technology Manager to develop and document firm standards for PC hardware, voice, wireless, mobile device and audio/visual technologies. Ensure that adherence to those standards is monitored and followed by all members of their staff.
- Implement and manage all aspects of desktop/laptop hardware, desk/remote IP phones, mobile device management (MDM) platform, mobile devices, WiFi, faxes and multi-function devices/printers.
- Manage reseller/provider relationships for Office Technology-supported systems. This includes, but is not limited to, contract negotiations, invoice management and ensuring those efforts align with the goals of the organization.
- Regular participation in Information Technology staff and management meetings.
- Continuously discuss and share end-user experience/feedback with Office Technology Manager.
- Make recommendations to CIO, Director of IT and other IT Department Managers to improve overall IT perspective and end-user experience.
- Periodically evaluate technology-related benchmarks, both from a technology and customer service point of view.
- Coordinate the assignment of Service Desk support tickets to ensure complete and timely resolution of client escalations, issue trends and complete any necessary post-resolution follow-up.
- Work closely with Service Desk Supervisors to ensure escalations are handled efficiently while continually improving procedures to minimize the number of escalations needed to upper-tier support teams.
- Ensure that system changes are fully documented, shared and properly approved in regular Change Management meetings.
- Provide input on purchases and budget items to ensure that maximum value is gained from all expenditures, and adheres to the operational expense budget. Work with the Office Technology Manager to review and finalize capital and expense budgets for Office Technology.
- Manage product licensing and maintenance/support renewals to ensure there are no coverage gaps.
- Review and approve hours worked and PTO schedules. Manage team work schedules to ensure proper coverage is maintained during operational hours.
- Keep up to date on relevant technologies and the ever-changing IT landscape with focus on how to always improve user experience, both in the office and remotely.
- A minimum of four years’ experience in a senior IT Customer Service role with broad exposure to emerging end-user IT technologies and hands-on User Support functions (preferably in a mid-size law firm).
- The Supervisor must be able to handle first and second-level User Support requests and must possess a strong knowledge of technologies currently in use.
- Extensive knowledge and administration of Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Call Manager) and Unity Connection (Voice Messaging), including IP phones and integration with other branded, yet compatible, systems.
- Knowledge of Mobile Device Management (MDM) platforms and integration/administration with emerging mobile device technology and devices.
- Knowledge of current wireless (WiFi) standards, administration, troubleshooting and implementation.
- Hands-on experience with A/V conference room setups and technologies.
- Experience with enterprise-level collaboration solutions such as Webex.
- Expertise with current printing and multi-function devices, including legacy technologies such as faxing.
- Proven leadership, mentoring, organizational and problem-solving skills are required, as is the ability to achieve results through effectively managing others.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills to respond to diverse internal and external client groups with high pressure deadlines and increasingly sophisticated demands are a must.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail, occasionally for prolonged periods of time and under restrictive deadlines, and complete work assignments logically and accurately.