Under the direction of the Director of IS Support Services, the Help Desk Director defines service levels, service agreements and manages the Helpdesk operations. Establishes process to identify, track, escalate, resolve and report customer problems. Jointly, with the customer defines standards and, measures for quality and customer satisfaction requirements.
Analyzes the technical performance and reliability of products and services against standards to ensure customer satisfaction. Responsible for developing and implementing technical service restorations and troubleshooting procedures for identifying, testing and diagnosing computer system and peripheral equipment faults.
- Participates in the planning and implementation of high quality Help Desk services to the firm as a member of the IS Management Team
- Connects the Help Desk to IS and Firm Management through meeting with all regularly and communicating critical information both ways
- Collaborates with the Help Desk Manager to ensure that day to day operations are carried out in a manner that delivers the objectives of Information Systems, and the Firm’s Operational Purpose and Values
- Defines performance standards and measures success for all members of the Help Desk
- Provide guidance and mentorship to team members in the interest of furthering departmental and firm goals as well as for the benefit of the team members
- Assists Help Desk team with issue resolution, non-standard requests and difficult situations as necessary
- Participates in the firm’s BCP planning as a member of the IS Working Team
- Interacts with users and customers of the Help Desk to better understand and improve our offerings
- Prepares reports on a wide variety of topics, for presentation within the Help Desk department, and across IS and other areas of the firm.
- Minimum 5 years of experience providing technical support in a professional environment and 2 years of experience in a supervisory/management role. Experience in law firms preferred
- Develop and maintain a thorough understanding of all the products and services offered by IS from both a technical and business perspective – and be able to translate from one perspective to the other readily
- Ability to effectively lead a large team of diverse individuals, achieving results in Customer Service and Technical Support
- Requires excellent prioritization, decision-making and organizational skills
- Requires excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Ability to negotiate
- Ability to quickly and effectively intervene in a broad range of difficult situations to ensure service standards are met and the Help Desk team works effectively internally and with others across the firm
- Ability to effectively manage competing demands from a broad range of sources, and prioritize tasks and deliverables in accordance with IS objectives and the firm’s business goals
- Research and make recommendations about industry trends