We are seeking an Application Integration and Development Engineer. This position is an integral part of our Information Technology team and is responsible for maintenance, development, and documentation of the Firm’s data integration automations, SharePoint environment, and custom developed solutions.
This position plans and conducts technical design, coding and development, unit testing, and integration testing, and maintains detailed documentation of in-house and third party custom developed solutions and integrations. This position regularly interacts with end users, IT teams, and outside vendors. Additionally, the Application Integration Development Engineer performs technical troubleshooting activities and acts as the point person for resolution of automated data integrations, financial systems, and SharePoint environment service tickets. This position uses broad knowledge of IT disciplines including server, Citrix, mobile, security, database infrastructure, SQL automation, SharePoint, and scripting and coding to plan and accomplish goals. This position reports to the IT Applications Manager.
As an Application Integration Development Engineer, you will
- Act as the primary support contact for incident and service ticket escalations relating to firm data integration automation.
- Design, develop, support, and document custom applications using C#, VB.NET, SQL, PowerShell, and ASP.NET
- Supports the Firm’s custom ancillary applications and custom solutions that integrate with Elite Enterprise and other financial systems
- Monitor, and correct as necessary, system integration automations and data integrity
- Be responsible for data tables, SQL report writing, SQL data queries, technical architecture, and documentation
- Propose and implement new processes to improve efficiency of department
- Assists with implementing software application version upgrades
- Serve as liaison between different business units and the IT department
- Extend functionality of commercial products using Application Program Interfaces (API’s) and/or database development and develop solutions to facilitate integration between applications
- Develop and Document user interfaces, and stored procedures
- Proactively recognize and Identify opportunities for improvement within the Firm’s current data integration automation, financial applications, and Sharepoint environment, and workflows to independently propose and more efficient and effective technical solutions.
- Develop and maintain secure “self-service” reporting interface using Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
- Deploy and support standard and custom applications with SharePoint
- Administer, customize, and develop Web Parts for the Firm’s SharePoint intranet systems, as needed.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience developing applications using C#, VB.NET, T-SQL, SharePoint development, and PowerShell
- Candidate must have 3-5 years of hand-on experience with SharePoint:
- SharePoint farm and site configuration and administration.
- Expertise with SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
- Experience supporting legal and financial applications within a Law Firm is a plus.
- Exposure to Nintex workflow is a plus.
- Exposure to Handshake is a plus.
- Knowledge of back-end SQL tables of Elite Enterprise or Aderant Expert preferred, but not required
- Team player willing to work off-hours during rollouts and for system maintenance tasks when required
- Ability to multi-task, work in a team environment, respond to project needs, work under deadlines, and work independently
- Demonstrated experience of customer service, including effective verbal and written communication
- Experience with SharePoint
- Analytical, able to mine and collect data to analyze and make decisions to accomplish responsibilities
- Teamwork, willing and eager to help others and share knowledge and skills
- Initiative, takes independent actions and uses own judgment to make decisions to accomplish responsibilities
- Experience supporting legal and financial applications within a Law Firm a plus but not required