The Benefits Specialist will assist in the day-to-day benefits administration and eligibility issues for U.S. benefits plans.
- Assist in filing claims for leave of absence programs, including but not limited to disability, worker’s compensation, paid family leave and FMLA.
- Review and process accommodation requests.
- Assist with the COBRA/Retiree administration process.
- Prepare and process invoices for benefits programs.
- Assist with employee benefit questions.
- Support Benefits team with special projects and other responsibilities as assigned.
- Perform other responsibilities and duties as assigned by management.
Education and/or Experience
- Working knowledge of federal, state and local benefits law and strong understanding of benefit policies, procedures and practices.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple assignments with competing deadlines.
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite applications, including but not limited to Excel, PowerPoint, Word. Experience in Workday is preferred but not required.
- Detail oriented with well-developed analytical, research and problem solving skills.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills as well as solid interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational skills with careful attention to detail and timely follow-through.
- Ability to interact at all levels and build relationships across a diverse internal client base.
- Flexibility in daily schedule to accommodate unexpected situations arising from departmental needs.
- Update job knowledge by participating in internal training opportunities.
- 2-3 years benefits experience in a law firm or professional services organization.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- Certification in Employee Benefits (CEBS) a plus, but not required.