We are looking for a full time, senior level systems engineer to join our growing team! The right candidate excels at implementing server and cloud based computing solutions and enjoys working with multiple companies/clients. We provide service to companies around the country with a heavy focus on virtualization technologies. This is an internal spot to join our team and not a placement spot for one of our clients.
Provide design, implementation, analysis, and documentation services around server based computing solutions.
Pluses (not quite required)
- Strong knowledge and hands on experience with virtualization technologies such as server virtualization (using Citrix XenServer or VMWare ESX/vSphere or Hyper-V) and/or application/desktop virtualization using (Citrix XenApp/XenDesktop or VMware View/Horizon)
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft server and workstation operating systems, registry settings, DNS/DHCP, TCP/IP networking, and firewalls
- Experience working with Microsoft Active Directory including OU design and administration, GPOs, and site to site replication
- Troubleshooting experience including root cause analysis, debugging utilities, etc.
- Experience interacting with end users to provide technical support and gather feedback
- Ability to present solutions that were designed and implemented to high level management
- Proven track record of meeting deadlines along with associated deliverables
- Strong verbal communication and documentation skills
- Desire and ability to learn new technologies and the ability to multi-task to deliver services using various technologies to multiple companies
- Experience working with different size firms (including small companies of less than 50 users to large companies of more than 1000 users) and datacenter environments
- Working knowledge of VDI using Citrix XenDestkop (inclusive of Provisioning Server, HDX technologies, USB device troubleshooting, etc.)
- Experience working with monitoring and management solutions such as NOC software and PSAs such as AutoTask
- Experience with Microsoft Exchange, SQL, Office Communications Server
- Experience with Cisco based solutions such as router/switch implementation and VoIP based solutions
- Knowledge of Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity best practices
- Experience with SSL VPNs including Citrix Netscaler, Cisco ASA, and Juniper solutions
- Scripting or programming experience