The Senior SharePoint Engineer will function as a technical lead involved the architecture, design, development, and support of the Firm's SharePoint systems, including our intranet. The successful candidate will be able to elicit and analyze business processes and requirements from technical and non-technical teams and convert business requirements into system functionality. Will guide the development team to leverage the full potential of SharePoint in creating user-focused products and employing best practices and industry standards.
- Provide leadership and guidance on planning, designing, architecting, and developing the firm’s Intranet and other SharePoint solutions
- Lead technical design and development, evaluating and troubleshooting functional design and system architecture, component and framework programming, as well as driving the technical decision process.
- Lead SharePoint system technical analysis and design employing model and event driven design practices including conceptual and functional prototypes, data analysis, and architectural and functional testing. Oversee front-end and back-end development.
- Assist in developing product functional and technical requirements and design documents and specifications based on business requirements
- Participate in the strategy, architecture, methodology and standards for delivering SharePoint solutions
- Produce user-focused solutions in a fast-paced, agile development environment
- 6-8 years of experience in enterprise-level SharePoint design and implementation with a focus on the design, development, and delivery of SharePoint solutions – involved in all stages of the project lifecycle
- SharePoint 2013/2016/(2019 is a plus) development, administration, health, performance
- Experience using SharePoint server-side and client-side object models
- Experience in writing SharePoint Farm Solutions.
- Experience in creating timer jobs, custom web parts, workflows, custom lists, and document libraries declaratively using Visual Studio.
- Experience in using SharePoint APIs, Client Side Object Model, and Server Object Model.
- Experience with SharePoint Master page UI customizations; branding, CSS, themes.
- Experience incorporating third party libraries such as Angular, jQuery and Bootstrap
- Scripting and automation; experience using Powershell
- Experience with Handshake and nGage is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related area
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Solid analytical, critical thinking, leadership, and mentoring skills
- Experience in a law firm or professional services environment is a plus