The key duties of the Sr. Collaboration Engineer are to understand and take ownership of the requirements of project deliverables and communications, which include Avaya, Cisco Unified Communications Manager, Cisco Unity Connection, Cisco Unified IM and Presence, Cisco Unified Contact Center Express, Cisco Unified Border Element, Cisco Expressway, Cisco Telepresence platforms and endpoints, Cisco IP phones, and VMWare.
The Sr. Collaboration Engineer must be able to plan, perform requirements gathering, specification, design, implementation, and solution turnover to the support teams. The attainment and maintenance of manufacturer certifications will be a requirement.
It will be imperative to stay current with technology trends, customer needs, and market demand to recommend, modify, and implement appropriate modifications to client environments and project deliverables.
When service escalation tasks are assigned, the Sr. Collaboration Engineer is expected to provide root cause analysis of client business-impacting events and provide workaround or resolution suggestions within a defined SLA.
There may be instances where there will be project deliverables requested, which are outside the realm of Cisco Collaboration platforms. Ample time and instruction will be given to ensure successful delivery.
It will be required for the Sr. Collaboration Engineer to perform SME-level duties, such as but not limited to: oversight of and contribution to the establishment of best practice policies and build standards within the Cisco Collaboration technology space, coaching and guidance to other staff, and adherence to delivery and communication standards.
Education and/or Experience
- Experience with the following technologies/platforms: Cisco Unified Communications Manager, Cisco Unity Connection, Cisco Unified IM and Presence, Cisco Unified Contact Center Express, Cisco Unified Attendant Console, Cisco Unified Border Element, Cisco VCS/Expressway, Cisco Telepresence platforms, VMWare, Cisco Integrated Management Console, QoS
- Experience with the following telephony protocols or circuits: SIP, SCCP, MGCP, PRI, and H.323
- Exposure to environments with the following routing protocols: BGP4, EIGRP, and Ethernet Switching
- Excellent communications and documentation skills
- The individual should be extremely proficient with the following list of CUCM and CUC system, call control and VM components, and UC device/application integrations:
- Calling Search Spaces
- Device Pools
- Route Groups
- Route Lists
- Route Patterns
- Translation Patterns
- Dialed Number Analyzer
- Media Resource Groups
- Cisco VPN Phone Connectivity
- AD/LDAP Integration
- Forward/Direct Routing Rules
- CUC phone system integration/VM Port Analysis
- SIP/MGCP/H323 gateways
- Experience in a professional services organization a plus
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent job experience
- 5+ years of relevant job experience
- Required industry certifications: CCNP Voice / Collaboration, **CCIE Desired**