Desktop Engineer with a focus on level 3 support, administration, and engineering of client/desktop systems and applications. Must be highly client-focused and at ease interfacing directly with the end users. In addition, experience and ability to contribute to the design, engineering, and day to day operation of desktop and applications ecosystem is required. Works very closely and collaboratively with others in the desktop team, as well as work under guidance of others as needed. Also, ability to work closely with support team is essential for this role. In-depth hands-on experience working with:
- Strong experience with Windows 10 feature upgrades (SCCM-WaaS)
- Deployment, tracking, and compliance reporting for all OS, software, and third-party patches
- Identify bugs and deficiencies in client management tools or processes, come up with remediation plan(s), and successfully implement those plans.
- Application deployment and troubleshooting using SCCM; SCCM agent and patching troubleshooting
- Managing software updates within SCCM (ADRs, Ivanti Patch Management for desktops)
- Experience with creating SSRS reports for SCCM (some knowledge of MS SQL and PowerBI)
- Resolve issues with patching and software deployment through remote management tools
- Third level Windows desktop/laptop support and administration
- Microsoft Office (2016, Office 365/2019) – Installing
- (MSI and C2R), and administering user settings/preferences.
- Application Packaging - AppV and MSI format using Flexera AdminStudio Tool preferred
- Working with and troubleshooting desktop builds (SCCM OSD)
- Participate in standard image development, management, QA testing, and deployment
- Strong skills in Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, GPO
- Strong troubleshooting skills with multi-tier application and systems
- Strong knowledge of Powershell, familiar with VBScript
- Exposure to Windows server support including virtual machines
- Exposure supporting highly mobile users and systems (Citrix, RDS, Blackberry, IronPort)
In addition, a candidate with solid background of the following is desired:
Education and/or Experience
- Some knowledge of AppSense tools
- Exposure to supporting document management system, iManage Work 10 a plus
5+ years in a related field. Experience in a professional services organization a plus. A bachelor’s degree is preferred.