We're looking for a Software Engineer to join the Platform API team and collaborate on a critical part of the platform. Our API team provides the foundation for which is powered by and is responsible for creating a single interface into all of data.
Our stack includes: Python, Flask, Jinja, ES6, Vue.js, Sass, Webpack, Redis, Docker, GCP, Terraform, Ansible, Memcached, Nginx, Snowflake, Looker, Matillion
What You’ll Do
What You’ll Bring
- Live by and champion our values: #ownership, #empathy, #simple-solutions.
- Write Python code focused on scalability, testability, supportability and maintainability.
- Implement new technologies to solve technical challenges as they arise.
- Champion good habits (development techniques, security, tech debt balance, TDD, and agile habits) within your team; improve engineering standards, tooling, and processes.
- Debug production issues across multiple levels of the stack.
- Find and address performance issues throughout the application.
- Perform thorough code reviews and troubleshoot complex issues.
- Work with engineering and product managers to understand roadmap priorities.
- Typically, 5+ years of relevant development experience in fast paced environments
- 2+ years building public API's and ability to design and implement RESTful APIs
- Experienced in of one of the following languages: Python (preferred), Node.js, Ruby, Java, Go
- Experience with Cloud Platforms such as GCP, AWS, or Azure
- Experience with Docker, auto-scaling, serverless infrastructure
- A knack for engineering simple solutions to solve complex problems
- Self motivated with a passion for taking ownership of your work and delivering outcomes
- Ability to work remotely and desire to make an impact at a boot-strapped start-up
- Excellent communication skills, a team player with a ‘winning as a team’ attitude
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience