Under the direction of the Legal Personnel Director - Corporate, The Legal Personnel Manager will support the administration of the Unassigned Practice Group, including assistance with the Unassigned Group’s staffing and professional development.
- Provide support to corporate leadership with regard to the Unassigned Group, including staffing and utilization, ongoing monitoring and analysis of workloads and tracking skills and experience to make recommendations on staffing requests
- Assist in the annual evaluation process for the unassigned associates; solicit and compile interim feedback
- Serve as a resource for the unassigned associates in connection with assignments, interpersonal issues, and career planning
- Plan and coordinate events
- Strategize with the Co-Heads of Associates to develop and implement new initiatives
- Meet regularly with associates to assess morale, identify training issues, answer questions and address concerns
- Conduct exit interviews
- Undergraduate degree required, J.D. preferred
- At least 7 years of professional services experience
- Minimum 5 years of law firm experience; experience in practice group or talent management in large law firm preferred.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with attorneys and staff throughout the Firm.
- Highly organized and self-directed approach to work with meticulous attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize, manage multiple projects, and thrive in a fast-paced environment with intense client service orientation.
- Creativity in developing solutions and achieving results.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of personnel and other sensitive matters.