Knowledgeable of day-to-day activities, resolves complex issues where expertise is required to interpret policies, guidelines, and practice. May be considered a subject matter expert for one or more functions or processes. Focus on operational execution and occasional broader planning within areas of expertise.
Duties and Responsibilities
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Responsible for development, maintenance and enhancement of Bank systems, both internally developed and 3rd party.
- Provides DBA-level expertise related to SQL databases.
- Responsible for coordinating and performing change controls for various system applications.
- Assists business units and IT in understanding the design and use of business applications.
- Advises and assists end users in using software packages and explaining how to better utilize existing software.
- Participates in new projects and cooperates with other project / department members.
- Responsible for writing and maintaining software program documentation and procedure manuals.
- Provides necessary migration for existing computer applications.
- Responsible for assisting in maintaining IT software inventory.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned by management
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science with 3+ years of relevant work experience of application development experience, including development experience in the financial industry.
- Basic business knowledge of financial instruments, wholesale banking, capital markets, lending, and market risk analysis.
- Intermediate programming knowledge / experience with MSOffice (Excel, Access) desirable.
- Proficiency in the use of at least one of the following software packages is required - more than one desirable:
- MS SQL
- Visual Studio
- Good oral and written communication skills