This position has primary and firm wide responsibility for configurations, updates, testing, deployment, and support of the desktop image and most applications. This position also has primary and firm wide responsibilities for the Citrix VDI desktop, AD Group Policy configurations, SCCM, profile management software, and other applications and systems that interact with and support the desktop. Multiple staff members report directly to this position, from remote locations. Along with managing the group, this position will be hands on in the desktop and applications work and support.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Manage staff who have various levels of technical abilities. Assign and follow-up on the staff member’s tasks and projects. Encourage and direct staff to take full ownership for their areas of responsibility. Assess skill level of staff, set goals and expectations and provide feedback for each team member. Write and deliver annual staff reviews.
- Be hands on with the desktop and applications technologies. This includes actively being involved in projects, tasks, troubleshooting, and support, individually and collaboratively.
- Responsible for the intake, configurations, testing, updates, and deployment of new and existing applications. This includes ownership of the overall desktop configuration and design.
- Responsible for the deployment and maintenance of applications via SCCM. This includes configurations, packaging, testing, and scheduling deployments.
- Responsible for Citrix VDI desktop builds, updates, and support.
- Responsible for Group Policy configurations and security compliance.
- Provide direction and leadership for all areas of responsibility. Contribute to the overall leadership of the Information Systems department.
- Foster and facilitate communication within and between various departments and practice areas within the firm.
- Continuously and actively, look for and employ ways to improve processes, procedures, and the firm’s technology footprint. Simultaneously looking for ways to reduce cost.
- Responsible for desktop and application documentation, including but not limited to documentation on related servers, services, and vendors.
- Interact with new and existing vendors regarding new and existing applications and hardware. Lead or participate in the evaluation of new products and services.
- Approximately five years of progressively responsible management work within the legal sector or seven years with other professional service organizations.
- Strategic planning and analyzing complex issues and difficult systems problems. Ability to rapidly analyze issues, anticipate consequences, make decisions, and initiate action.
- Experience in large-scale migrations, such Windows 7 to Windows 10 migration.
- Must possess strong character, ethical, and customer service skills.
- A working knowledge of basic administrative items in SCCM, Active Directory, Group Policy Profile Unity and, Citrix is preferred.
- A deep understanding of the Windows OS, application configurations and testing is required.
- Ability to communicate complex systems information and ideas effectively and efficiently to attorneys and staff.