The Senior Writer/Content Specialist will be responsible for writing and editing a variety of internal- and external-facing marketing content, including award submissions; high-priority communications; website content; and other marketing content. The ideal candidate for this dynamic role will have a proven ability to translate complex legal content into compelling and error-free narratives for a variety of audiences, while managing multiple deadline-driven projects.
- Draft or customize practice-, matter- and attorney-specific content for a variety of purposes and audiences, including for the website, business development/pitches and RFPs, and other marketing uses.
- Originate, draft and/or edit business-critical internally and externally facing marketing content in collaboration with the Content Director, the Business Development and Communications functions and across operations teams.
- Originate, research and draft compelling content for award submissions; edit submissions.
- Craft talking points, speeches and key communications for key firm stakeholders.
- Create marketing content for thought leadership in collaboration with Marketing team and handle other thought-leadership content needs.
- Maintain up-to-date style book and assist in training Business Development team in business writing.
- Bachelor's degree and a minimum of six years’ full-time work experience preferred, ideally including a journalism and/or legal marketing role involving a substantial amount of writing and editing.
- Demonstrated editorial skills (writing, editing and copyediting) and knowledge of AP style.
- Ability to collect, digest and translate complex legal content into pithy, compelling and error-free narratives on a deadline.
- Ability to work in an environment with shifting priorities to meet time-sensitive deadlines, as well as manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Understanding of the pressures of working in a corporate environment.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills, with a meticulous attention to detail and commitment to excellence.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including a demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Resourceful, driven and professional attitude with a genuine desire to learn and commitment to ensuring team success.