Top international law firm is seeking a Pricing Manager to join their New York team. The Pricing Manager is responsible for the day-to-day implementation of the overall group strategy across all practice groups and is expected to provide senior-level guidance to the team, including training the analyst pool, coordinating with attorneys on budgets and the pricing portions of RFP responses, and contributing strategic process improvements to ensure that the Strategic Pricing Team provides best-in-class support to attorneys and contribute to the firm’s overall financial performance.
- Oversee the execution of analyst-level work ensuring its accuracy and timely delivery in meeting customer needs and wants.
- Execute on activities such as drafting new content, attorney communication, responding to ad hoc pricing requests including RFP responses and establishing processes that can be leveraged by analysts in the future.
- Advise attorneys on the development, evaluation, and execution of task-based matter budgets and alternative fee arrangements
- Develop new templates and approaches to pricing for current and future requests, identifying and recommending, as appropriate, opportunities beyond existing tools.
- Build relationships with the Business Development team and coordinate the Pricing team’s efforts to provide strategic guidance on the firm’s approach to RFP responses, including such areas as rate strategy, creative fee structures and answers to written questions.
- Contribute to the development and ongoing oversight of fee arrangement tracking and reporting, including suggesting, and if approved, facilitating execution of automation strategies.
- Manage completion of deliverables across all Pricing competencies (rates, alternative fee structures, budgeting, Outside Counsel Guidelines, pricing governance and reporting) with a combination of analyst oversight/skill development and direct individual contributions, depending on complexity
- Coordinate with the Strategic Pricing Director in developing a collaborative LPM framework across departments
- Train, mentor, coach, guide and oversee a group of individuals in the analyst pool on an ongoing basis with the result that they are motivated, engaged and meet expectations to provide excellent support and high-quality deliverables.
- Work independently to complete projects and address follow-ups as necessary
- Demonstrate ownership over aspects of assignments, new implementations and process improvements
- Bachelor's degree required
- 5+ years total of professional services experience
- 3+ years of experience in pricing, estimating, and/or project management for law firms or other professional services organizations with strong preference for an individual conversant in the basic components of legal services (i.e., discovery stage in litigation or due diligence stage in transactional matters).
- 1+ years of supervising or contributing to the supervision of junior personnel
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with ability to effectively present results to senior management
- Strong interpersonal and analytical problem-solving skills with the ability to analyze, identify, and communicate results to the team
- Proven competency in building successful working relationships with and gaining respect from other people – whether partners, peers, more junior staff members
- A track record that demonstrates a strong customer focus and responsiveness
- Ability to manage multiple requests and projects without sacrificing detail-oriented quality measures, including meeting new and existing deadlines
- Experience contributing to RFP responses
- Demonstrated competency working effectively in a team environment as well as taking ownership for individual assignments
- Demonstrated facility with Microsoft Office products with experience coaching others through Excel formulas and modelling approaches
- Experience with law firm accounting systems a plus