This position can be in-office in New York City or work-from-home. Remote U.S. candidates encouraged to apply.
The Senior Software Engineer is responsible for development and architectural design of our Ad Code product deployed on over 3,000 sites and reaching over 170mm monthly unique users. You will play a key role in architecting for optimal code delivery, establishing design patterns, code organization, and leveraging browser capabilities to maximize application performance, speed, and maintainability. As a senior member of the team, you will communicate your ideas, share knowledge, act as a mentor, and serve as a technical lead to efficiently deliver features and meet team goals. This position reports directly to the Senior Engineering Manager for the Ad Code Core team.
Skills and Experience
- Leader - You help others and take on responsibility within the team. You hold yourself accountable for projects and you understand team goals.
- Design Focused - You are passionate about efficient project design and architecture, naturally thinking about structure and patterns beyond individual features.
- Forward Thinking - You think about scalability and performance when delivering projects, understanding what we may need to account for before it is a problem.
- Detail Oriented - You understand the complexities and importance of variations that exist within front-end browser environments and are keenly aware of how code delivery and structure affects performance
- Problem Solver - You deal with complex problem sets, deciphering business requirements into effective and scalable solutions.
- Communicative - You are a proactive and clear communicator, excited to participate in knowledge sharing and mentorship.
- Empathetic - You understand and appreciate others, providing encouragement and useful feedback in code reviews and projects.
- Experience making architectural and design-related decisions for large scale applications/frameworks.
- Experience developing software using Agile/Scrum methodologies
- 4+ years experience with ad serving technology, including DFP/GAM, header bidding, and/or Prebid.js
- Strong debugging skills and understands how to use data analysis effectively
- Experienced with build tools like Webpack/Rollup/Babel
- Experience with JW Player and Video is a plus
- A deep understanding of WordPress a plus