The Collections Supervisor will have firm-wide collections responsibilities as well as support the collections process for a select group of partners on a monthly basis. This position will report to the Billing & Collections Manager and will work closely with attorneys, managers and administrators throughout the firm.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Supervise a team of collectors, ensuring all accounts are worked on and reconciled in a timely manner.
- Manage the complete collection process, for approximately 15+ Partners, on a monthly basis.
- Assist in contacting clients and/or partners under accounts that are becoming problematic.
- Escalate any accounts that have become problematic to management so they can intervene where necessary.
- Work with the collections team to ensure they have detailed responses for our monthly collections meeting.
- Supervise the sending out of monthly statements and ensuring that any partial AR shown is correct.
- Assist the team with researching and resolving accounts receivable issues, to ensure correct payment application, and to minimize credit balances.
- Assist the team in reconciling client accounts when discrepancies have been found.
- Assist the department in transitioning from ARCS2G to Aderant Expert Collections.
- Assess skill level of staff and provide training as needed.
- Provide back-up to other team members when necessary and delegate work when necessary.
- Assist with special projects as needed.
- Bachelor's degree with a minimum of five (5) years of applicable work experience in a large law or professional service firm.
- Strong understanding of the entire collections process (invoice preparation, partner contact, client contact, payment received and reconciled).
- Computer proficient with strong MS Excel and MS Word skills. Aderant Expert experience preferred.
- Attention to detail and excellent interpersonal, verbal, organizational and written communication skills.
- Self-directed with a strong work ethic; capable of working independently with limited supervision, as well as part of a team.
- Ability to work in a high pressure environment with a high degree of accuracy.
- Supervisory experience preferred.