This position may work out of of the following office locations:
Our Marketing department has an opening for a Senior Business Development Specialist who will further the firm’s marketing efforts through support of the corporate practice groups, individual partners, senior marketing staff and oversight of marketing coordinators and assistants. This position can be based in any of our U.S. offices.
Desired Skills & Qualifications
- Support and sometimes lead pitch, proposal and RFP opportunities for the corporate practice and key industry teams.
- Prepare research and marketing/sales materials for meetings with prospective clients.
- Conduct data entry and maintenance of pre- and post-pitch activities to CRM database.
- Manage and help maintain updates to marketing client lists, experience management database and pitch templates.
- Assist the BD Manager in supporting partners’ business development goals, including monitoring progress of their business development efforts and relationship management goals.
- Support and sometimes lead practice related events and sponsorships.
- Prepare background research on event attendees prior to an event to help partners maximize and strategically think through event participation.
- Serve as lead responsible for producing an event in consideration of business development, partner and firm goals.
- Coordinate event planning logistics including list development, promotion, vendor selection and management, execution and post-event participant engagement evaluation.
- Assist in reporting of key metrics that help improve the efficiency of the firm’s business development and event goals.
- Help ensure that events are cost-effective, delivered on time and within budget.
- Assist BD Manager/Director in development of practice budget.
- Liaise with multiple offices, practice groups and other firm internal functions (e.g., FLEX by Diversity & Inclusion, Pro Bono) on cross-departmental events as appropriate.
- Coordinate the promotion of branded and co-branded events through Marketo, the firm website, social media and other distribution channels as appropriate.
- Promote a collaborative work environment focused on providing superior service to internal clients (our partners) and external firm clients.
- Self-motivated, takes initiative and able to take ownership of projects and handle multiple, complex projects simultaneously.
- Strong client service ethic and ability to respond quickly to requests from lawyers and leadership.
- Attention to detail and highly organized, productive and accurate under pressure with tight deadlines (a sense of humor helps, too).
- Strong problem-solving skills, including the ability to proactively provide solutions that circumvent anticipated problems.
- Understanding of law firm sales cycle and professional services business development best practices.
- Proficiency with MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Excel); CRM, marketing automation and event marketing tools (Salesforce, Marketo, Foundation).
- Understanding of the firm’s key technology industry focus areas including life sciences and digital health, games and esports, autonomous transportation, consumer/retailtech, blockchain/fintech, software.
- Excellent grammar, spelling and proofreading skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to travel to work events and activities as necessary to support the business development team, with some evening and weekend programs.
Reporting to the BD Manager, the qualified candidate will have 5+ years of business development experience in a fast-paced professional services environment (law firm experience a plus). The ideal candidate will also have experience coordinating complex projects (and working within deadlines). Bachelor’s degree required.