View all jobs
Systems EngineerNew York, NY
Duties and Responsibilities
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Responsible for providing maintenance, troubleshooting, and technical support to the Local Area Network.
- Installation and maintenance of Windows 2012/2016/2019 servers.
- Maintenance and Administration of Microsoft Active Directory environment
- Maintenance and Administration of VMware vSphere ESXi environment
- Corrects backup-related issues and makes sure that system backups are running properly (knowledge of Veeam and SolarWinds Kiwi Cattools).
- Maintains disaster recovery site and makes sure replication works properly.
- Responsible for Solarwinds monitoring platform.
- Firewall Administration
- Responsible for system resource management.
- Responsible for Linux Servers Administration
- Knowledge of HCL BigFix Patch and Software deployment
- Knowledge of filing change control documents.
- McAfee EPO Administrator. Deploys and updates McAfee Endpoint Protection software on servers and desktop computers.
- Distributes LAN, remote access, Firewall, and SWIFT security reports.
- Interfaces with vendors and contractors.
- Evaluates new software. Perform testing and documentation of new technologies. Provides service for SWIFT maintenance.
- Assists users and the IT Department in understanding the design of LAN and related software systems.
- Runs system utilities and maintains written procedures and system documentation.
- Assists end-users with IT-related issues; takes ownership of HelpDesk Tickets from start to resolution.
- Assists with maintaining computer hardware and software inventories.
- Participates in the maintenance of printers and interacts with and supervises vendors regarding printer problems and maintenance.
- Participates in maintaining and coordinating various systems security administration.
- Assists with coordination and preparation of various system audits and examinations.
- Performs evaluation and comparative analysis of proposed hardware/ software acquisitions.
- Manage and supervise outside system related vendors.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned by management.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in computer sciences or a comparable field with 3+ years of experience with network maintenance.
- Good knowledge of LAN maintenance and Windows 2012/2016/2019 Server.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory administration and maintenance.
- Good knowledge of VMware vSphere ESXi
- Networking knowledge of Cisco Routers, Cisco Switches, Fortigate Firewall, Juniper Firewall, and Intrusion Detection and Prevention Systems.
- Financial institution working experience, preferred.
- Microsoft Certified Enterprise Administrator, preferred.
- SQL knowledge and Veeam experience, preferred.
- VMware Horizon VDI, Cisco UCS servers, and SAN/NAS storage (Pure Storage) knowledge preferred.