We’re looking for a Senior Software Development Engineer to take our MVP messaging product to the next level. With Messaging merchants can connect to their customers instantly, drive engagement, build trust, and increase long-term value for their business.
In this role, you will work with a team of engineers to build out this early stage product. As senior level engineer you will touch all parts of the stack, and help make design decisions. In this role you'll move fast, research, document, and think through problems to design and develop messaging features for our customers.
Our stack includes: Python, Flask, Ruby, Jinja, ES6, Vue.js, Redis, Docker, GCP, Ansible, Memcached, Nginx
What You’ll Do
What You’ll Bring
- Live by and champion our values: #day-one, #ownership, #empathy, #humility.
- Collaborate with design, product and engineering teams to build new features at scale.
- Understand roadmap priorities and write code focused on scalability, testability, supportability and maintainability.
- Champion good habits (development techniques, security, tech debt balance, TDD, and agile habits) within your team.
- Improve engineering standards, tooling, and processes.
- Debug production issues across multiple levels of the stack.
- Find and address performance issues throughout the application.
- Perform thorough code reviews and troubleshoot complex issues.
- Building new services that scale; deploy code daily.
- Typically around 7+ years of relevant development experience in fast paced environments
- Expert knowledge of Python required, high level of proficiency with Ruby preferred
- Experience with Cloud Platforms such as GCP or AWS
- Experience with Docker, auto-scaling, pub-sub architectures, serverless environments
- A knack for engineering simple solutions to solve complex problems
- Self driven; pragmatic; a passion for taking ownership of your work and delivering outcomes
- Ability to work remote-first in a high growth company
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience