The Senior Career Development Manager will primarily focus on developing and executing Career Development programming, including firm-wide conferences and programs, and skills-based workshops. This team member will play a significant role in collaborating with colleagues throughout the firm. The Senior Career Development Manager will report to the firm’s Career Development Director.
- Develop and assist with firm-wide conferences and programming, including:
- New Associate Orientation, Midlevel Associate Conference, Senior Associate Conference, New Counsel Orientation, and New Partner Orientation.
- Career Development panels with internal presenters, external consultants, clients and alumni.
- Business Development curriculum targeting all levels of associate seniority including Mock Pitch Workshop.
- Develop and implement new career development programming across departments and offices, including both global and office-specific workshops/conferences that align with associate needs and interests.
- Develop and implement new lateral associate programming for thoughtful firm and department-specific integration.
- Keep current on training and programming trends and developments in legal and professional services industries to inform and develop innovative and dynamic Career Development programs, including identifying and engaging outside vendors and speakers.
- Collaborate with various departments and firm committees throughout the firm, including:
- Professional Development & Training team members to develop programs and workshops.
- Inclusion, Legal Personnel, Business Development and Alumni Relations to develop and assist initiatives.
- Legal Personnel and Pro Bono to encourage opportunities, track experiences and develop programming.
- IT, graphic design and audio/visual professionals to deliver programming that is engaging and efficient to onsite and remote employees.
- Events department to ensure flawless program execution.
- Develop and maintain technology and procedures, including:
- Maintain career development forms and marketing materials.
- Assist in maintaining internal databases.
- Develop and maintain project management tools and processes to streamline planning and coordination with team members and others across the firm.
- J.D. degree, with 2+ years of legal practice experience, preferably in a large law firm.
- 3+ years of professional development experience.
- Familiar with associate growth and development opportunities in law practice.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, judgment, and ability to work effectively with attorneys and staff throughout the firm on program development and delivery.
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills, both written and oral, including strong attention to detail in all written work.
- Ability to take initiative and work independently, as well as collaborate with others and work well in a team.
- Experience in all aspects of developing and hosting small and large-scale events and programs.
- Comfortable with relevant technology platforms and tools, including Outlook and Excel.