Reporting to the VP of Engineering, we are seeking a seasoned Director of Engineering to own our Feature group of teams. The ideal candidate will possess a balance of technology and people management skills and lead with empathy. Cross-functional agility is essential and this leader will work closely with product and engineering leadership to evangelize and create an exceptional feature experience for our customers.
What you’ll do
What you’ll bring
- Live by and champion our values: #day-one, #ownership, #empathy, #humility.
- Hire and grow your Product Feature teams with A+ engineering talent; build and maintain a culture of speed, excellence, collaboration, mentorship, and open feedback in engineering.
- Develop and drive forward a strategic roadmap in collaboration with VP of Engineering and CTO.
- People manage and mentor software development managers and provide career growth guidance for group consisting of frontend, backend and quality engineers.
- Dive deep into technology and be on the forefront of the latest tools, technologies, and strategies and help evaluate, prototype, and introduce them to our teams.
- Measure and report on team execution; coach and improve the performance of existing engineers in your group.
- Typically, 12+ years of experience in fast paced engineering environments
- 7+ years of working closely with product teams on features within SaaS, ecommerce, B2B companies
- 5+ years managing managers and multiple agile development teams, preferably distributed
- Strong people leadership and role-model for technical excellence; exceptional delegation and people management skills
- Excellent operational and organizational skills with the ability to partner with recruiting to effectively scale teams
- Experience in a modern web stack and cloud-native environments such as GCP, AWS, or Azure
- Track record of delivery in complex, high growth technical environments
- Desire and ability to work remote-first in a high growth company
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience